Sunday, December 30, 2007

Year. (For lack of a better Title)

I had reached the age that most would consider the end of my existence. I had known this moment was to come with the movement with the stars. It is fated that my life will end on this very day. I began my rounds on this fine day with no less enthusiasm than normal, for I disbelieve in the need to carry myself different even if I were doomed to death.

I had my usual aura about myself and tried to pass through the day without letting too many realize that this is the end for me. I was unable to have such an ideal day though for as soon as I began my rounds I found many notes and letters for me bidding me farewell and how they would never forget me and what I have done for them. This simple show of acknowledgement and appreciation for the things I have done left me with a warm feeling in my heart. I knew I would have no regrets moving on.

As the day began to get darker and the end of my rounds drew close, I noted the familiar sound of a baby crying. I knew my time was nigh and I took the child with me and carried him till I arrived at the last place I had to go for my rounds. I looked into the eyes of the child and saw that he was like me, doomed to lead this life and yet blessed that he would be that which moves the world.

As the clock neared 12 I heard people bidding their farewells to me and welcoming this child. I removed my necklace and placed it around the child. I noticed that I was slowly disappearing so I quickly wrote a note for this child and hid it within the necklace. As the clock struck 12 and the clocks began their dull chiming I felt myself being removed from this place.

Now I am just another year in history I guess.

Authors Note

Well this is my take on the story of Father Time passing the torch onto Baby Near Year. There's a few morals included but =3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I interpreted it as myself was dying but able to leave something, some sort of a legacy or a kit of emergency for my loved ones.