Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Immortal Post One


The Immortal 

Life without an end,
A hope that exists in all Humanity,
Allow Me to be Eternal,
The Great Dream of those that are Mortal.

From days beyond memory,
Till the days beyond comprehension,
I have existed, and shall exist,
Cursed to never end, and never forget.

From the time of nothing, I wandered,
Alive but not living, Aware but not awake,
I know now it was my one blessing,
For that numbness was never meant to last.

The rise of man, the world changers,
As they began their pitiful existence, I was changed,
That numbness, my normalcy, began crumbling down,
Though I felt before, I realize this was something more.

I watched them, 
I cared for them,
I walked among them,
I buried them.

In the millennia I existed,
These men existed for but a blink,
In the millennia I existed,
This was the first I felt loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to the sounds of cars and the warmth of the morning sun gently caressing me as I greeted the world. That memory once more of a time before time, In a land that would seem bizarrely alien to those around me, I had began my journey. It seemed that my curse would never let me go.

"Well then, let's be off for today" I thought to myself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were many things in the world that is oft overlooked as it becomes common, and in the world, many of the sweetest things that are will eventually lose its magic. Look back to the joy of a child as they see the first snowflake of winter, or the look on travelers as they visit National Monuments that exist in your city, the same ones that you relegated to being unimportant. The miracle of life, the light of passion that burns in the eyes of your fellows. The very act of living can lose its meaning slowly and surely as life slowly batters an individual and batter down the very resolve that made what was once proud to follow.

In a world such as this, in a city like any other there lives an individual who has lived longer than imaginable, but looking in his late 20's. Unassuming, relatively reserved and hardly anything standing out about him, he lives his life with what seems to be an unnaturally balanced bearing. Neither looking to help others nor ignoring them, helping all he sees but never seeming particularly pleased with himself. There seems to be a certain something about this individual, but there also seems to be not much at all, and the collective community has taken to accepting him as is.

In a day, like any other day our story will begin, or rather, carry on.



Notes

I'm still working out how best to approach the writing of the story, from whose perspective, and how best to bring to life a story. I thank all the people who have pushed me to begin and really remind me how bad I got from the lack of practice.

Well, let's hope you enjoy my writing journey with me.







No comments: